News 15, the FOX and NBC affiliate in Lafayette, LA has an immediate opening for Assistant News Director to help manage the news department. We are looking for a leader who thrives on teaching, coaching and developing a strong and positive newsroom environment.
The Assistant News Director will work in coordination with the News Director to develop and manage the overall philosophy, workflow, editorial direction, and staff of the news department. In addition the Assistant News Director will perform the following duties:
- Ensure proper training for news department employees.
- Make decisions on stories and newscasts.
- Proof read scripts.
- Establish general duties and schedules for all news department employees
- Exercise editorial and production control of newscast content.
- Establish and enforce rules and procedures within the department.
- Perform any and all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running for the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
Education and Experience: College degree is required. Major in journalism, broadcasting, communications, or another related field is preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience in TV news with at least one year in a Producer or other leadership role.
Anyone intrested should send a resume and their credintials to email@example.com. Please include “Lafayette Asssitant News Director”in the subject line. Equal Opportunity Employer.