Plan, direct, coordinate or liaise one or more administrative services of the business unit, such as records and information management, reports and accounts payable, facilities planning and maintenance, operations, human resources, and other office support services. Reports to the VP Finance and/or local GM.
EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check required. Qualified applicants can apply online at www.nexstar.tv
Apply online: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4043
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct or coordinate the supportive services of the business unit
- Prepare and review operational reports
- Acquire, distribute and store supplies and manage vendor relations
- Maintain employee HR files and health & welfare data
- Administer employment processes: benefits, onboarding/orientation, leave benefits, and management of payroll
- Assist management with effective and consistent performance management
- Assist with accounting: purchasing, and accounts payable/receivable
- Liaise with Sr. leadership and Corporate as needed
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people.
- Builds rapport and effective relations, and uses diplomacy and tact.
- Approachability- is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener.
- Action Oriented- enjoys working hard, and is action oriented.
- Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Developing self & others- confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction.
Education/Experience: 3-5 years in a Human Resources, Executive Administrator, or Office Manager capacity preferred
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications; Excellent database & spreadsheet skills.