iHeart Media is seeking a Financial Analyst to provide financial and analysis.
• Designs, implements and provides products, programs, projects, processes and policies in support of the Financial Planning and Analysis function.
• Provides financial services and consulting at the corporate, business unit and/or market level; performs analysis and interpretation of financial and other data; directly supports the CFO and Director of Finance team.
• Forecasts, analyzes, and evaluates financial plans and budgets; develops recommendations to achieve financial objectives.
• Participates in expense forecasting and actuals process, including research and communication of variances, quarterly earnings, press release support, and competitor analysis.
• Analyzes and reports on results of various requests for proposals (RFPs) and programs to include total cost modeling, and prepares cost benefit analysis (CBA) recommendations.
• Prepares forecast results commentary; compiles consolidated expense actual and forecast reports for distribution to appropriate leadership.
• Analyzes trends, researches issues and responds to inquiries.
• Contributes to the development of best practices for company.
• Participates in and leads financial variances for forecast, budget and monthly close packages.
• Acts as point of contact for programming, responsible for understanding detailed financials, key variances and identifying risks/opportunities to the business
• Builds process improvements that identify and track key operating metrics that can be leveraged to develop planning tools.
• Creates financial models to support P&L forecasting, annual budgeting process, and evaluation of strategic business decisions.
• Interfaces with business, finance & sales leads, accounting partners and IT to ensure accurate data and information gathering.
• Performs analysis/deep dives on profitability, revenue trends and other periodic ad-hoc analytical projects.
• Performs ad hoc research as necessary; prepares and presents comprehensive evaluations, proposals and recommendations to appropriate leadership.
• May assist with annual update of long range forecasts.
• May manage budgeting process including preparation of templates, coordination of budget meetings, entering budget information into appropriate systems and preparation of presentation materials.
• May develop spend profiles and any performance to business requirements.
• May be responsible for training and/or acting as the lead for lower level positions in the group.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel with a focus on speed and efficiency
• Experience with accounting software, Salesforce.com, Thinkcell, VB and SQL, or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of FCC rules
• Self-starter, can work independently under minimal supervision
• Highly detail oriented, with strong attention to accuracy
• Excellent planning and organization skills; can multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of quantitative, analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills; critical thinker
• Stress tolerance, can maintain composure when faced with difficult situations/personalities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; professional and confident demeanor
• 3+ years’ analytical experience in financial planning, operations or other finance-heavy division
• Minimum of 4-year college degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA/CPA a plus