iHeart Media is seeking a General Sales Manager to oversee sales management activities in one or multiple stations.
• Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
• Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
• Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
• Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
• Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
• Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
• Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
• Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
• Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
• Meets with key accounts.
• Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
• Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
• May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
• May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
Current employees and contingent workers click General Sales Manager to apply and search by the Job Posting Title
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Excellent business and people decision-making skills
Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
Flexibility and creativity
Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
4-year college degree preferred
• None required