Raycom Media is looking for an experienced, aggressive, and innovative Investigative Producer to join our newly formed National Investigative Unit based out of WVUE-TV in New Orleans. Relocation to New Orleans is preferred, but telecommuting would be considered.
This unit will produce high-impact investigations for 42 Raycom television stations in 20 states. We value quality over quantity. You will have the time and the tools to do stories the right way.
We are looking for a multi-tasker who can simultaneously work on short and long term projects. We want an idea generator.
The ideal candidate has investigative experience. We will consider candidates with television experience and print or digital journalists looking to make the move to broadcast.
You’ll work with a team whose local investigations have been honored with Peabody, duPont, National Murrow, and IRE Awards. Help be a part of our expanding team.
Feel free to email Lee Zurik - Director of Investigations - with any questions about the job (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants must apply online.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in investigative newsgathering.
- Willingness to work non-traditional business days/hours, travel and work long hours, and on weekends with short notice
- Strong CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills. Strong computer research skills, and working knowledge of analyzing data
- Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
- Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Career site) and attach resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please.
Pre-employment drug test required. EOE-M/F/D/V
review job description