broadcast journalism, news, or related
[New Orleans,United States ]
WDSU-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director/Technical Director. The Newscast/Technical Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
To Apply Please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply. EOE
- MOS and basic computer network understanding.
- Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
- Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well.
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
4 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscast
Must also have experience with production switchers, video servers, and audio and studio equipment.
Equivalent military experience will be considered.