- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience with fiber connectivity, video production systems, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting IP/Ethernet data networks
Duties & Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, workstations and printers
- Manage and assist users with e-mail and desktop support.
- Manage user accounts through Active Directory.
- Communicates with members of the Engineering team to provide quality support services and technical assistance for the News, Production, Creative Services, Administration, and Sales Departments.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking
- Must be able to read technical drawings/documentation
- Manage VoIP phone system
- Maintain detailed inventory of IT equipment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events (i.e., nights, weekends, and holidays).
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer/IT Specialist must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions that impact the effectiveness of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Broadcast Engineer/IT Specialist must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, or tools. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.