About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
KALB is an NBC affiliate, located in Alexandria, LA. We also own the CBS and CW affiliates in the market (NALB and OALB respectively). KALB is owned by Gray Television Inc., one of the fastest growing broadcast and digital media groups in the nation. KALB produces a total of 24 hours of Live news programming per week. A market leader in News, digital, and social media, KALB NewsChannel 5 is home to award-winning reporters, and recipient of the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters “Station of the Year” award. Central Louisiana, a vibrant, diverse, stable community is a great place to live and work. A community with a rich history, full of hard-working, caring people, striving to make Central Louisiana the place they call home.
If you would like to see more about KALB and the Alexandria market, we have produced this video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVqIg37mqE
KALB in Alexandria, La is looking for a creative and energetic individual who wants to work in the exciting world of broadcast television. The Creative Services team at KALB seeks a skilled writer/editor/graphic designer/cinematographer to create powerful concepts to market a message or tell a story for the station and/or clients.
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
1. Show up to all shoots before the scheduled time.
2. Set up all equipment for shoots in a timely manner to make sure the client is not waiting.
3. Complete all assignments within the timeline that was set by creative services to the client.
4. Monthly inspections of equipment.
5. Continuous training to perfect editing & shooting with all cameras and editing programs.
6. Assist with others in editing and or shooting projects when needed.
7. Work with Account Executives when assigned a shoot to come up with any plans, formats, times & dates for shoots.
8. Communicate any elements needed from client to complete the project (logos, pictures, etc.)
9. Communicate progress or problems with management as it relates to the scope of work for the client.
10. Complete Assigned topicals daily.
1. Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Cinema 4D or Element 3D motion graphics experience is considered a plus.
2. Knowledge of production lighting techniques.
3. Must be proficient with DSLR and Canon gear and demonstrate strong cinematography skills.
4. Must have strong organizational skills and be skilled at presenting ideas and gaining the approval and satisfaction of clients.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
6. Candidates must be comfortable in both Mac & PC environments.
7. A four-year college degree is required or equivalent professional experience.
8. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
9. Time-management skills and day-to-day project flexibility are required, along with a sense of urgency to deliver projects under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KALB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.