Gray Television - Gray TV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation’s most vibrant and unique cities.
The commercial production supervisor is one of the station’s top creative consultants for exceeding client expectations. This position oversees commercial production services and creative direction to support the Sales mission and identifies new opportunities for generating revenue for the station.
The primary job duties and responsibilities of the commercial production supervisor include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development, as well as internal and external stakeholders to develop & execute multiplatform marketing plans for commercial clients.
• Lead a creative team of employees, balancing workflow and resource demands to complete client projects on deadline.
Revenue Generation –
• Provide creative consultation, marketing expertise and customer service for Sales clients and initiatives to ensure their investments with the station deliver agreed upon value.
• Estimate billing costs using market research to provide reliable pricing information for Sales account executives.
• Maintain accurate record-keeping and invoices of all billable projects.
• Prospect commercial production revenue opportunities to assist Director of Marketing and Audience Development with the overall delivery of departmental revenue goals.
• Monitor operational expenses and employee overtime to assist Director of Marketing and Audience Development with the overall management of departmental expenses.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field required.
• Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Creative Suite software.
• 8 years experience in a creative leadership position implementing strategic priorities to achieve goals
• Previous team management experience preferred.
• Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
*** To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position ***
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Bachelors or better in Advertising or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.