Website Gray Television
KNOE-TV 8 is looking for a multimedia journalist passionate about covering local news. The idea candidate is ready to head out into the field to cover breaking news and weather, do creative live shots, and report on the top story every day.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online
– Report live on the scene, especially during breaking news
– Research stories and conduct interviews in the field
– Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
– Demonstrate sound news judgement, collaborate with others
– Utilize non-linear editing equipment (Edius)
– Enterprise hard-news, research-driven stories
– Participate in the story selection process thorugh meetings, the daily contribution of story ideas
– Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media
– Make regular beat checks
– Perform other job-related duties as assigned
– Able to work well with a team
– Ability to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
– Computer literacy is a must
– A successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented, and have problem-solving, multi-tasking and communication skills
– Candidate must possess a clean driving record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KNOE-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.