Website Gray Television - WVUE TV
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation’s most vibrant and unique cities.
WVUE in New Orleans is looking for a versatile, aggressive journalist to lead our weekend coverage on digital and broadcast platforms in a large market. The ideal candidate for this position will have solid news judgment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks, and to adjust to a constantly changing environment while working under deadline. You must include a resume and a link to your recent work.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Planning and executing weekend news coverage on all platforms
• Managing logistics and resources while collaborating with reporters, photographers, and anchors
• Newsgathering (including developing story ideas, confirming information, breaking news coverage)
• Creating and publishing content to digital and social media platforms – including OTT and other streaming platforms
• Write daily stories for each digital platform using AP-style writing
• Producing digital content using analytic data provided to give the producer the best opportunity for success and digital traffic.
• Monitoring scanners and social media
• Weekday assignment desk or digital producer shifts as needed
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent time management
• Dynamic news judgment
• Understanding of social media platforms, ever-changing algorithms, and capitalizing on each platform
• Basic news gathering
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field is preferred, equivalent experience considered
• Ability to help valued viewers with questions about stories and our news product
• Basic knowledge of video and still photography and editing a plus
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on “apply now”, we also encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.