Gray Television - WVUE TV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation’s most vibrant and unique cities.
The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of WVUE Fox 8’s digital revenue goals and works closely with the Local Sales Manager to coordinate sales efforts with the local team. Act as the Digital Point Person for all communication with Gray Digital Media, WVUE staff and clients.
The WVUE Fox 8 Digital portfolio includes, but is not limited to:
Fox 8 News App
Fox 8 Weather App
Final Play App
Tiger Huddle App
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Manage the Sales Teams digital efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients.
• Develops and implements client focused advertising plans, new products and effective sales presentations to generate new business.
• Maintains an effective system to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts.
• Develop and maintain good Agency and Advertiser relationships and make sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives.
• Manage inventory control, rate structure and traffic system.
• Create and maintain local sales budgets and forecasting Coach and train the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge.
• Track pending business and sales results.
• Serve as the point person for digital vendors.
• Organize monthly analytics reports for clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in marketing or advertising.
• Five years’ experience in Digital Sales management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success.
• Thorough understanding of the digital environment including targeted display, social media, OTT, email marketing, SEO and paid search.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Passion for teaching and coaching.
• Google Analytics and DART for Publisher, as well as, knowledge of MS Office products. Experience with WideOrbit a plus.
• Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record (will be reviewed).
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
5 years: experience in Digital Sales management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success
Licenses & Certifications
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.