Website Gray Television - WVUE TV
MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER – WVUE
Job Category: Creative Services
Requisition Number: GRAPH02048
Posted: July 2, 2021
Showing 1 location
New Orleans, LA 70125, USA
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation’s most vibrant and unique cities.
The Motion Graphic Designer produces award-worthy and audience-motivating graphics on all platforms. This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform visual branding. Working with a team of producers and creative leadership, the Motion Graphic Designer must efficiently produce a variety of creative assets for the station’s News Department and a variety of commercial clients.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Audience Development and/or Lead Designer and other creative leadership to create content that will help expand our rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence.
• Production and implementation of graphics for station promotion, commercials, newscasts as well as social and digital platforms.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and strategic thinking to help implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development.
• Provide creative consultation, marketing expertise, and customer service for Sales clients and initiatives to ensure their investments with the station deliver agreed upon value.
• Ensure through workflow management that client projects are delivered on time and within budgetary constraints.
To ensure safe completion of all required job duties, this job regularly requires the following physical demands of employees in this position
• Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to provide effective creative direction for video, audio and graphic design projects
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as graphic design, communicating via email, preparing reports and editing video.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
◘ If you feel you’re qualified, want to work with a great group of people, please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, search for station call letters (WOWT-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job email your details to RJones@Fox8live.com