Website Gray Televsion - WVUE TV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
– Work closely with multi-media journalists, broadcast and digital producers, as well as anchors to create compelling news content for all of WVUE’s newscasts and digital platforms
– Guide daily editorial meetings
– Develop daily coverage plans and special content plans
– Able to make split second decisions and lead the news team during breaking news events
– Administrative duties such as weekly scheduling and training new employees
– Assist in training and providing valuable feedback for the news team
– General knowledge of newsroom systems and equipment
– Additional responsibilities as assigned by the News Director
– Newsroom management experience preferred
– Strong management, communication and people skills required to supervise and interact daily with staff
– Ability to multi-task in high stress situations
– Strong organizational skills
– Must be able to work flexible hours and adapt to schedule changes
– Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.