Website Gray TV - WVUE
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. FOX 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Collaborate with key team members to plan, develop and sell sponsorships across key categories
• Maintain strong working relationships with agencies and clients
• Prospect and develop new regional business
• Represent a favorable station image
• Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and share goals
• Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
• Strong Presentation Skills required
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic and Sales product, Matrix/Monarch CRM, and Hudson preferred.
• Ability to utilize research to enhance asset value
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred.
• The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate prior revenue results and leadership qualities with sales experience in the closing sponsorships and packages in a sports multi-media
◘ Are you energetic, positive and goal-oriented with a passion to succeed? Our station invites you to send your cover letter and resume to: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, search for station call letters
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.