Website Greater New Orleans Educational Television Foundation
The Greater New Orleans Educational Television Foundation, which operates WYES-TV, is searching for an experienced individual to build on the 64-year legacy of growth and success of the premiere public television station in the very unique, diverse and culturally rich city of New Orleans, Louisiana. The position of President and CEO is responsible for creating and implementing a high-quality digital media services plan for the people of New Orleans, Southeast Louisiana and the Mississippi Gulf Coast that takes advantage of next-generation media technology and opportunities.
WYES-TV is a Community Licensee operating in a modern educational telecommunications facility with several production studios, including the brand new Charlie and Janette Kornman Performance Studio which is a theatre style production facility with 4K projection capability. Our facilities have a long history of strong local and national content production, especially in the culinary area for which New Orleans is famous.
Contained within the organization’s structure is a for-profit production division, YES PRODUCTIONS, which has specialized in the leasing of remote HD mobile productions units and is currently expanding into leasing our studio facilities for in-house commercial and movie production.
WYES seeks an individual who will motivate and lead a small but capable staff in not only maintaining our educational services, but also expanding valued community services through new and upcoming advancements in digital media technology. This individual must be able to prominently create an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace, in business decisions and practices, and in our audience and program content.
Applications must include: (1) a detailed cover letter describing how the candidate’s education, training, and experience meet or exceed the listed job responsibilities, (2) a detailed professional resume, and (3) a list of three professional references who have worked directly with or for the applicant or for whom the applicant has worked. The position is open until filled. WYES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary is commensurate with experience. For earliest consideration, please reply by April 30, 2021. Please send cover letter, resume, references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information regarding the services and operations of WYES-TV may be found at http://www.wyes.org.
Primary duties include:
- Provide leadership to achieve WYES’ mission and strategic goals, plans and policies and financial objectives to assure the highest quality service to our unique, diverse and resilient community.
- Lead the station’s relationship with the Board of Trustees, Board Committees, Capital Campaign Committee, Community Advisory Board, volunteers and community leaders, as well as serve as an active member of our community.
- Create an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in our audience and program content. .
- Provide insight and direction to the critical and substantial fundraising activities which are essential to accomplish the educational mission of WYES.
- Possess the ability to lead the cultivation and relationship building efforts with major donors, along with local and national foundations and provide leadership in all forms of fundraising.
- Ability to cultivate city, state and national governmental funding and support and represent WYES’ interest with key national organizations such as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Association of Public Television Stations, Public Broadcasting Service, and the FCC.
- Provide oversight and direction of station services and operations, ensuring sound fiscal planning, financial management, long-range planning and development.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages creativity and pride in professional achievement while managing, directly or through Senior Staff department managers, the personnel and departments, including Administration, Finance, Broadcasting, Individual Giving, Institutional Development, Engineering, Local initiatives and YES PRODUCTIONS (WYES’ for-profit division).
- Efficiently manage the station’s technical and human resources to allow for better utilization of new technologies and digital distribution platforms.
- Possess entrepreneurial skills to conceive, initiate and grow new services which support the educational and cultural needs of the community.
- Ensure compliance with all FCC rules and all regulations pertaining to WYES’ Non-Commercial Television License.
- Maintain compliance with all necessary rules and regulations pertaining to WYES’s 501(c)3 status, along with CPB and PBS membership qualifications.
Successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant academic discipline, with an advanced degree desirable;
- minimum of 5-10 years senior management experience in one or more aspects of public media or related field;
- the ability to inspire a talented staff and dedicated volunteers;
- successful strategic and financial planning, fundraising, governmental relations experience;
- exceptional interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills;
- outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- personal and professional integrity;
- understanding, appreciation and enthusiasm for WYES and the unique Greater New Orleans, Southeast Louisiana and Mississippi Gulf Coast area
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com