iHeart Media Baton Rouge
iHeartMedia Baton Rouge has an immediate opening for a full-time broadcast engineer and Region Lead.
• Manages a group of Engineers in the New Orleans Region.
• Participates in designing, configuring, deploying and maintaining various types of electronic equipment for optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance with scalability, performance and reliability.
• Assists clients, fellow technicians, and service personnel in the installation, training and support of software, hardware, and related 3rd party peripheral components, including but are not limited to file servers, commercial grade workstations, networking switches, NICs, monitors, KVMs, and radio equipment.
• Tests faulty electronic components and circuits to locate defects and applies knowledge of electronic systems and test tools to diagnose causes of malfunction.
• Implements planned maintenance support (e.g. installs tools, applies upgrades, etc.) as a preventative/precautionary measure.
• Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates RF transmission equipment according to manufacturer specifications and FCC regulations.
• Maintains the integrity of mission critical data and audio file storage and backups.
• Maintains reliable operation of audio automation system.
• Maintains internal tools used by the department and records repairs, calibrations and tests.
• Makes capital improvement recommendations to engineering management.
• Make facilities maintenance recommendations of transmitter sites for safe and reliable technical operation.
• May participate in after-hours production/deployment/releases.
• Provides 24/7 on-call response to all studio and transmission technical operations issues.
• Ability to work as a team leader
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
• Must be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds
• Valid state driver’s license and an excellent driving record
To apply for this job please visit iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.