Website Nexstar WGNO/WNOL
|Experience Requirement:||1-2 years|
The IT Systems/ Network manager will provide and perform all information technology support for the station, and to assist with installation and setup of other digital broadcast systems. This individual is responsible for administering the IT policies and procedures of the company, maintaining servers, printers, VPN, wireless access points, domain controllers and PC workstations.
WGNO/WNOL is seeking an IT Manager. This position will support all live Broadcast and Postproduction /Editing equipment in a digital television facility. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role.
• Engineering, electronics technology, computer science experience.
• Television technology is a plus.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Installation and maintenance of television broadcast and information technology equipment.
• Thorough computer skills, a must.
• Mac OS & Final Cut Pro & Adobe Premier experience a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are essential. Applicant should be comfortable troubleshooting computer systems and electronics at the component level.
• General understanding of digital video formats is important.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking, Video over IP and VOIP technologies is useful.
• Must be able to read technical drawings/documentation.
• Knowledge of satellite, microwave and fiber transmission technologies.
• In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team. Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions and disciplines.
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work and resolve issues. Excellent reasoning skills in order assist in troubleshooting problems.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions while involved in high-pressure situations, being pro-active and relating information in a concise manner during critical situations.
• Experience with Microsoft and Apple desktop and server operating systems as well as applications from Microsoft, VM Ware and Adobe. Requires sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and must be detail-oriented. Working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including Active Directory, Windows Deployment services, Windows Updates Services and other applications. Experience with Microsoft windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of Ethernet and fiber optic networks. Applicant should possess skills of self-motivation, time management, and the ability to work well with others.
• Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to walk, sit & stand for long periods of time, lift & carry 80 lbs., bend, squat, reach, stretch, climb up and down ladders, use fingers, hands and arms for extended periods of time in repetitive motions.
Full-time Employee Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Ins, 401k, etc. after a respective waiting period.
• Degree in Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science or related job field.
Required license or certification:
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Job Req #:
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.