KADN/KLAF, the FOX and NBC affiliate in Lafayette, LA, is seeking a Creative Services Director with exceptional skills and experience writing, producing, directing, editing and shooting memorable station promos and client commercials. Demonstrated ability to take projects from concept to completion in a solo or collaborative project environment. Strong leadership of local Creative Services staff throughout the completion of short and long-term objectives. Ability to work well under tight deadlines with multiple project priorities. Excellent oral and written communication skills with both internal and external clients. Expert in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, cinematography, design, and marketing. Ability to produce and direct eye-catching, brand-focused news promos (image, topical, POP, special report & series) for the station, as well as highly creative commercial advertising for its advertising clients and partners. Four-year college degree, and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a local television marketing department preferred. Responsible for direct day-to-day management of local Creative Services personnel during the conceptualization, production and delivery of commercials and promotional materials across multiple distribution platforms, including: television, digital, radio, print, and mobile devices. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide ongoing vision and leadership in the creation of local marketing campaigns for news, community initiatives, key programming, and station platforms.
- Concept, write, edit, create, direct and deliver advertisements for all mediums (digital, radio, on-air, cable, print, outdoor, direct mail, collateral, and out-of-home)
- Create print ads for sponsored event programs, newsletters, and other station commitments, as needed
- Develop and implement local marketing strategies to increase station ratings, platform traffic, and community perceptions of station brand.
- Oversee all day-to-day on-air promotional usage for the station, including strategic spot placement and utilization of station avails, driving local viewers into key newscasts and programming
- Ongoing development of station graphics package and “look” according to changing viewer preferences and local opportunities.
- Train local news graphics personnel and build graphic templates and new standards for on-air use
- Assist in shot blocking and lighting design of local newscasts, continually improving the aesthetic
- Deliver spots and traffic instructions on a daily basis during ratings periods to media partners
- Interface with network, creating co-branded promotions, developing and implementing tie-in contests, and building network approved co-op plans in concert with local media outlets
- Complete and submit co-op applications annually to network, sweeps plans prior to each ratings period, and reimbursement paperwork after sweeps—ensuring station compliance with all network standards
- Create FCC reports with PSA summaries, news story coverage, and public outreach on a quarterly basis
- Distribute projects and direct Creative Services producers in the development of local commercials and station promotions
- Track and submit commercial billing for all department projects
- Coordinate with news production personnel on completion of programming topicals
- Perform regular reviews of personnel’s work, behaviors, and performance, providing feedback, disciplinary action, and reward as warranted.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please visit the below link to apply for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit allenmediabroadcasting.com.