KADN/KLAF, the FOX and NBC affiliate in Lafayette, LA, is looking for an experienced Assistant Engineer.
The day-to-day job focuses on maintaining a network of various types of workstations, servers, databases, a domain controller, a firewall and related broadcast television equipment, however the ideal candidate will also assist the Chief Engineer as-needed. Audio/video engineering and experience in working with digital media are pluses, but enthusiasm in learning broadcast television-related equipment and workflows is highly considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Operate and maintain a network of business and media workstations, various types of servers, databases, a domain controller, a firewall and related equipment
· Resolve all IT-related issues as they arise
· Adjust all related IT equipment and workflows as technology advances
· Assist Chief Engineer with various projects
Requirements & Skills:
· A two-year computer & networking related college degree or better; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufﬁcient to successfully perform the essential duties of an IT Engineer such as problem solving, detailed analysis, logistical thinking, organization, strong interpersonal skills, and a high skill level in all aspects of IT Engineering
· Ability to operate in a predominately Microsoft and Google environment, but experience with Apple and Linux operating systems are helpful
· Excellent communicator
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely manner
· The successful candidate must be willing and able to work independently and learn quickly
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please visit the below link to apply for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.kadn.com.