Website KARD, Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.
Your Local News Leader
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
KTVE10 and KARD 14 in West Monroe, Louisiana is currently looking for a highly creative, multi-tasking Multimedia Journalist Reporter.
The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
· Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
· Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
· Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
· Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
· Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
· Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
· Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
· Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
· Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
· Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
· Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
· Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
· Shoots and edits news events and news reports
· Produces and presents reports for all platforms
· Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
· Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
· Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
· Fluency in English
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
· Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
· Superior on-air presence
· Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
· Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.