Website KARD, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
Your Local News Leader
KTVE10 and KARD 14 in West Monroe, Louisiana is currently looking for a highly creative, multi-tasking Promotions Assistant.
The Promotions Assistant will be a highly motivated and creative individual that will share responsibility with our production team. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, special projects, and flexing into production/studio work on a regular basis.
- Work closely with Creative Services Director, Promotion Manager and Production Manager on day to day responsibilities for each department.
- Will work to conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns either independently or as a team
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
- Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
- Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned
- Flex into studio production to include: floor directing, teleprompting, Ross robotic camera control, handheld camera operation, graphic design for newscast and other local programming.
- Work with Promotions and Production for field shows/production.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of related experience at a television station/news environment.
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends when needed
- Possess strong video production skills utilizing Sony, Canon, and Blackmagic Cameras
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to provide a reel of work examples — include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
- Strong non-linear editing skills
- Must have knowledge and understanding of television studio production work/experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
Apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.