It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
KLFY has a rare Anchor/Reporter opening for the #1 station in Acadiana. We are looking for an Anchor/Reporter to join our evening news team. You must be just as good out in the field as you are on the set. Please submit Cover Letter with resume and a reel showing off your best work.
Some basics you will need for this position:
· Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
· Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
· Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
· Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
· Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
· Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
· Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
· Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Edits video clips as assigned.
· Writes content for the website and other digital platforms.
· Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
· Fluency in English.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
· Minimum three years’ experience in news reporting and anchoring. (Depending on market size.)
· Superior on-air presence.
· Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
· Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
· Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
· Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Flexibility to work any shift.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.