KLFY is looking for a photojournalist who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want photojournalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
In this role, you will:
· Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
· Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
· Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
· Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
· Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
· Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
· Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
Position requires a clean driving record. Proof of insurability and a valid driver’s license. Position further requires good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds. Familiarity with social media. High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism. Position also requires a proven ability to work well with other people and to work under the pressure of a deadline.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Applicable college degree – appropriate experience may be substituted for basic education requirements at employer’s discretion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com