KNOE 8 News in Monroe, Louisiana, seeks a News Director to lead our award-winning news and operations departments. The successful candidate must be a strong leader with excellent communication skills, a proven track record of innovating on digital platforms, and recruiting and retaining news staff.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. Besides providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit http://www.knoe.com.
– Execute daily strategic plans with staff – Retain, recruit and grow top talent
– Manage and grow KNOE’s In-Depth and Investigative brand
– Managing operations department
– Script and story placement review and direction
– Team building, coaching, mentoring and training young talent
– Strong communication skills
– Build breaking news and weather coverage plans
– 3 years of previous newsroom leadership is required
– Strong editorial judgment
– Superior communication and organizational skills
– Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication is preferred
– Ability to work closely with other station department heads and managers within the company
– Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.