About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market’s leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA News 12 is searching for an individual who thrives in an innovative culture. We want a leader with the skills and passion to help groom and grow our team. The Asst. ND will work closely with the News Director and work with the staff in daily operations of the newsroom and executing coverage consistent with our strategy and brand. The understanding and demonstrated use of social media in news coverage is essential. Superb news judgment and teambuilding skills are a must.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Execute daily and long-term strategic plans with staff
* Ability to adjust effectively on daily coverage plans as new content/breaking news develops
* Excellent writer/storyteller on all platforms
* Superior news judgment and decision-making skills
* Proven use of digital and social media platforms in newsgathering process and presentation
* Storytelling coaching, leadership and direction for all team members
* Strong communication skills with our news team, across all station departments and our audience
* Execute breaking news and First Alert Weather coverage plans
* Work with staff to enterprise and generate content daily
* Proven leadership ability
* Strong organizational skills
* At least 4 years of experience developing, creating and executing content for broadcast, digital and social is required.
* Previous experience as an Executive Producer and work on investigations are a plus.
* College degree in journalism or equivalent is required.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.