KSLA NEWS 12 is seeking an outstanding individual for our MMJ/Reporter position. Successful candidate must have the desire and ability to search for unique stories, write engaging content, and present demonstrative and engaging live shots during day-to-day and breaking news coverage. Applicant should have at least two years of multi-platform reporting experience. Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume and links to your most recent work. Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Your Essential Functions (include but not limited to):
• Develop sources and present ideas daily that resonate with our audience and are in line with our strategy
• Write accurate and engaging scripts for broadcast, digital and social media
• Schedule, conduct and shoot interviews and edit video
• Respond to breaking news coverage
• Report live on digital/social media and during newscasts
• Use strong journalistic ethics, news judgment and decision-making in daily coverage
• Use digital and social media in the news gathering process and presentation
• Use strong organizational skills for efficient workflow
• Work independently and as a team
• Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years of multi-platform reporting, shooting and editing experience is required. College degree in journalism or equivalent is also required.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.