About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market’s leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
Here is your opportunity to join the #1 rated and highly successful KSLA NEWS 12 morning team as our next anchor/reporter. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic journalist who connects with the audience from behind the desk, in the field, online, and in the community. The successful candidate should have superior editorial judgment, be a superb storyteller, and be the best in breaking news situations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor assigned newscasts
• Strong journalistic ethics, news judgment, and decision-making
• Effective communicator with viewers and staff as well as proven leadership abilities
• Develop sources and bring story ideas to the team daily that resonate with our research and audience
• Shoot, write, and edit compelling coverage for all platforms
• Use digital and social media to find, develop, tell stories, and engage with our audience
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Previous anchoring experience is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to contribute in an on-camera and off-camera team environment
• Effective use of social media talent pages
• At least two years of reporting, shooting and editing experience is required
• College journalism degree or equivalent is required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now” , upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.