KSMB-FM Cumulus Media
UMULUS MEDIA | LAFAYETTE, LA is looking for a dynamic Full-time On-Air Personality for KSMB-FM. This is a prime-time PM-Drive position. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task, and most of all love radio, we should talk. Board work, production, podcasts, and social media duties are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.
Who We Are:
KSMB-FM/94.5 is Lafayette’s premiere 100,000-watt CHR/Top-40 radio station super-serving Acadiana and beyond.
Responsibilities for the full-time On-Air Personality on KSMB-FM/94.5 include hosting a show that will generate ratings by being entertaining, inspiring, and informative.
Must have a deep understanding of how to go beyond the latest news, headlines, and events to craft an entertaining and unique product On and Off Air the Air. The candidate should be a proficient planner and producer of a quality show through creative ideas, segments, celebrity interviews, and production elements.
Daily commercial production is required. Candidates must have unparalleled passion, worth ethic, and drive.
- Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination, and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping, or broadcasting on-air content.
- Possible social media engagement and digital content generation from affiliates
- Read Live commercial copy on Air.
- Handles emergency news/weather live reports; on call for weather disasters/breaking news
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log
- Participates in station/company promotional events.
- May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
- Protects station’s license by censoring and deleting words/phrases not permitted on Air.
- Produces commercial production
- Radio experience is required
- Must have some broadcast experience & familiar with digital audio editing software.
- Experience with Social Media is required
- People Skills / Team Player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions and station format.
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply for this job please visit cumulusmedia.jobs.net.