Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Research, write and produce stories for air
- Story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements
- Provide editorial guidance to reporters, photographers, assignment desk and editors
- Oversee on-air production of newscasts, make changes as necessary and ensure all items are complete
- Coordinate incoming satellite feeds from the network and other sources.
Proven ability to showcase a newscast
- Superior writing and computer skills- Word, Excel, and Outlook, social media
- Knowledge of newsroom systems, interplay, scanner, teleprompter, edit bays, live trucks, cameras, audio board and decks, video, wire services
- Team players with solid show/material judgement
- Must posses strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Clear driving record, satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check
If qualifies, please send cover letter, resume/application, and a link to your online reel with samples of your work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org