WWL-TV in New Orleans is looking for a News Operations Manager who thrives on winning the big story across all platforms. We are looking for a take-charge leader who can coordinate between the photography and editing units in relationship with the assignment desk, engineering, transmission,
• Provide strategic planning and coordinating of live field productions, town halls, breaking news
including resource allocation of people and equipment.
• Help in planning and logistics for high-profile events.
• Collaborate with News Director and Head of Technology on managing operating and capital
• Work on establishing proper, efficient, and effective systems for taking in feeds, tuning in live
shots, and establishing transmission rules and responsibilities.
• Work closely with news director, and other senior news content leaders keeping them informed
of plans, strategies, challenges, and progress.
• Maintain a partnering relationship with all departments, and their key personnel on issues,
including special shows and coverage, technical needs, and resource allocation. More specifically,
responsible for leading the partnering relationships with engineering and production.
• Promote a culture of the highest professional and personal integrity including best practices.
• Edit newscasts
• Shoot and edit stories, as needed