About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. Besides providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit http://www.knoe.com.
Number One rated KNOE 8 News seeks a creative and collaborative News Producer for its award-winning newscasts. The successful candidate must have a passion for producing quality journalism, strong editorial judgement, excellent writing skills, and a command of social media and its use in promoting news.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Use editorial judgement to present stories that matter to the audience
– Booth television content from innovative control room
– Engage viewers on social media to enhance the broadcast experience
– Effectively monitor and create content in breaking news and severe weather situations
– Perform other actions as asked by the News Director or Executive Producer
– Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
– Be able to write clearly and accurately with excellent grammar
– Produces newscasts, including stacking, writing scripts, editing copy, making/ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors and reporters
– Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
– Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
– Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
– Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving collaboratively with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
– The ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
– Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories is required
– Computer knowledge, including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications, and Internet use
– College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
KNOE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
2 years: local television news experience or equivalent
Licenses & Certifications
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.