WAFB, Baton Rouge, LA has an immediate opening for a Technical Media Producer. A TMP combines the roles of a traditional newscast director and master control operator. This successful candidate is an excellent time manager, knowledgeable and capable newscast director using news production automation and ENPS, has some experience in master control duties and experience ingesting and reviewing programming and commercial content. A successful candidate may be asked to work any shift including weekends or holidays. If you are someone with a technical background and you enjoy a fast-paced live television environment this position may be a perfect fit for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Code and Direct live and pre-recorded news productions.
- Running master control programming, ingest commercials and program content.
- Work with producers and team to prepare for newscasts.
- Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other FCC duties as assigned.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- The successful candidate must possess strong communications and people skills.
- Knowledgeable in operation PCs and automation software.
- Prior production and master control experience are a plus.
- Requires skill with Ross Overdrive and Crispin Automation, Ross production switcher, Logitech audio console, VizRt graphics, PTZ cameras, Prompter operation, and all supporting Production and Master Control equipment.
- Additional training will be necessary for successful applicants and provided by the station.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.