WGNO-TV 26 News, a Nexstar ABC affiliate in Metairie/New Orleans, seeks a News Photographer/Editor to join our news team. This position will shoot and edit video, as well as operate live trucks and backpacks for other journalists. The successful candidate will embrace news photography and all aspects of newsgathering including gathering information, conducting interviews, writing scripts and generating content in our Digital First newsroom. This position will not primarily appear on-camera but will have the occasional opportunity to do so if mutually desired by the employee and manager.
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience operating video recording equipment in Television Broadcast
• Proficiency with digital editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius or similar
• Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events for web and television.
• Takes direction from and interact with the news managers, assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
• Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
• Operates portable ENG live units, live microwave, satellite trucks, and backpacks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Responsibilities & Skills include, but not limited to:
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• College degree in broadcasting or journalism or professional experience in related field.
• Must be familiar with general principals of photojournalism.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet daily deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks in must cases simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift during normal, breaking news/weather, holidays, and other scheduled workflow requirements
• Shoot sports, Friday Night Football, Baseball, Basketball, and other required sporting events
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The News Photographer/Editor must be able to stand, sit, conduct interviews without a reporter present, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Photographer/Editor must be able to lift, set and operate equipment weighing up to 60 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To apply for this job please visit wgno.com.