WGNO News in New Orleans, has a rare opening for a Newscast Director. The ideal candidate is accomplished in the use of automated production systems to plan & execute pre-recorded programs, live newscasts, and live coverage of severe weather, breaking news, & special events (i.e. parades, sports championships, etc.).
• Previous experience in news production and/or live television production required. Two years preferred.
Required & Preferred Capabilities:
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks with urgency and attention to detail
• Calm demeanor and ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges with aplomb and diplomacy during live broadcasts to produce polished productions
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• High school diploma
• High confidence and ability in the use of Ross OverDrive to code and execute live and pre-recorded programs is essential.
• Ability to program and operate robotic camera systems for use in productions
• Ability to operate other graphics, video, and audio gear and systems required to produce television and digital streaming programs
• Strong non-linear video editing skills required — familiarity with Adobe Premiere video editing software preferred
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• The Newscast Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• In addition, the Newscast Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
• May be called upon to work a variety of shifts on different programs and dayparts.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.