WGNO-TV / WNOL-TV NOLA38
WGNO News in New Orleans, is searching for a Weekend Evening Anchor / MMJ. This candidate will anchor-produce our Weekend Evening newscasts and MMJ three days a week.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on anchor who collaborates with producers, reporters, assignment editors and others about newscast content. You should also be a strong enterprise reporter who excels at live shots, generates exclusive stories and is active on social media and emerging digital platforms.
• Experience in news reporting and producing.
Core duties include:
• Anchors and produces Weekend Evening newscasts and other newscasts if needed.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Reviews copy for correct grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Ensures that all content meets station standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.