Website WVUE TV FOX 8 - Gray TV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week.
WVUE in New Orleans, Louisiana seeks an experienced Meteorologist to join our award-winning team. The Meteorologist will work closely with the Chief Meteorologist, news managers and producers to cover comprehensive weather coverage in daily newscasts, as well as during severe weather.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Conceptualize and produce accurate weather forecasts and weather-related content across multiple platforms
– Identify and communicate the “weather story of the day” to a cross platform audience
– Be ready and available whenever severe or disruptive weather events may occur
– Clearly communicate the weather information to editorial staff for planning purposes
– Conceptualize and create weather graphics and analyze data from a number of meteorological sources in order to communicate engaging weather forecasts
– Available to work both in studio and in the field
– The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WVUE employees and external organizations
– At least 2 years experience as a broadcast meteorologist/weather anchor
– BS/BA in Meteorology/Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
– Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts, especially considering the nature of weather events
– Ability to follow directions and work on your own is a must
– Must be willing to work in New Orleans, LA
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
2 years: broadcast meteorologist/weather anchor
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.