WVUE TV FOX 8 - Gray TV
Your Weather Authority
About Gray Television: Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About WVUE: Gray Television’s powerhouse station, WVUE FOX8, home of The New Orleans Saints, is seeking a highly experienced Major Accounts Manager. We are looking for the right person to join our amazing team. Located in iconic New Orleans, Louisiana, we offer a great work environment and competitive compensation package. Understanding of, and, experience selling local broadcast and a strong digital portfolio is a must. A minimum of 5 years media sales and/or media buying/planning experience is desired. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented and creative. Preferred candidate will be familiar with all levels of advertising agencies. Our ideal candidate must be a relationship builder, an excellent presenter and a problem solver. Must be willing to accommodate occasional travel and enjoy selling.
Job Summary – The candidate chosen would be responsible for the following:
• Sell Gray Television assets (broadcast and digital) at the highest value
• Collaborate with key team members to plan, develop and sell sponsorships across key categories
• Maintain strong working relationships with agencies and clients
• Prospect and develop new regional business
• Represent a favorable station image
• Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and share goals
• Accurately project and forecast activity of all accounts
• Strong Presentation Skills required
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic and Sales product, Matrix/Monarch CRM, and Hudson preferred.
• Ability to utilize research to enhance asset value
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred ◘
Come join our dynamic sales team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters and attach resume Qualified applicants please apply on-line and attach your resume along with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Additional Info:Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.