About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. FOX 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation’s most vibrant and unique cities.
WVUE is looking for a full-time digital content producer to embrace its growing digital efforts and publish content to all FOX 8 multimedia platforms. Candidate must have an outstanding writing ability, excellent communication skills, and must thrive in a deadline-driven, fact-paced environment. The candidate must also have strong, aggressive journalism skills, including the ability to gather news from a variety of sources to produce enterprise content for WVUE multimedia platforms. Someone with a sense of service who wants to tell stories in a highly ethical, journalistic environment and have a great time doing a tough job.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
– Must be able to write and publish news/weather coverage on all WVUE digital platforms including website, OTT apps, and social media.
– Strong skills in gathering user generated content; creating photo galleries, interactive data maps, infographics; editing and clipping video for online use, as well as any additional duties that are assigned.
– News writing, HTML, and Adobe digital suite experience are preferred, as well as knowledge of ENPS.
– 2-3 years experience producing digital and social media content
– BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
– Must be willing to work in New Orleans, LA
– Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours
– If you want to be a part of an award winning, aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
◘ Come join our dynamic team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings search for station call letters and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.