Website WVUE TV
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVUE is the FOX affiliate in New Orleans, LA., the nations 50th largest market (Nielsen 2019)
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Must be able to research, plan, produce and edit WVUE’s sports segments in newscasts, as well as sports shows: FOX 8 Live Tailgate, Black & Gold Review, FOX 8 Overtime, Game Plan, FOX 8 Football Friday, Final Play
- Must aggressively manage breaking sports news and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts
Strong skills in editing video, sound and packages, as well as posting stories to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content
- Ensures scripts and taped segments for sports broadcasts meet expectations
- Assist in the planning of the elements for broadcasts which includes graphics, animations, music, show opens, and the general creative look of the sports shows
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
Assist in producing and posting FOX 8 Overtime Podcast
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience as a television producer in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
- Must be willing to work in New Orleans, LA
- If you want to be a part of an award winning aggressive sports department, apply online and attach resume and links to your work. Pre-employment drug test required.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.