WYES, New Orleans’ premier PBS station, is seeking an Executive Vice-President & Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO). Founded in 1953, WYES serves the Greater New Orleans, southeast Louisiana and Mississippi Gulf Coast region. Our mission remains true today — to inform, teach, illuminate and inspire the many different audiences that make up our community through a variety of media and educational outreach activities.
The EVP/COO reports directly to the President & CEO and is involved in developing and implementing strategic priorities critical for WYES’ growth and community engagement. The EVP/COO has overall responsibility for a talented team in multi-media content, education and community engagement, interactive media, broadcast traffic, and program production. The EVP/COO will manage organization-wide initiatives from concept to completion, be an effective communicator, and trusted advisor to the President & CEO.
· Support the CEO’s vision and strategic priorities and all facets of daily operations at WYES.
· Manage large, complex projects through collaboration and cross-departmental communication.
· As the community engagement leader, the EVP/COO will work closely with the President, Community Advisory Board, and other station departments to strengthen the connection to the audience and the community.
· Participate in development of the overall organizational budget.
· Manage programming, production content, and educational services.
· Lead, motivate and collaborate with team members to create content for multiple platforms.
· Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of PBS, CPB and FCC.
· Work in tandem with the Development team to meet fundraising and member/viewer service objectives.
· Guide and support staff members in executing WYES’ mission, vision and goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver who can anticipate and avoid potential issues. The EVP/COO must be an effective communicator who is able to simplify complex issues and is comfortable making quick decisions. This person is audience-focused and data-driven with strong project management skills. The EVP/COO must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of people within the organization, in the community, and with other media entities.
· At least 15 years of experience in the broadcast media environment.
· Television production is required. Successful candidate must have experience as a broadcast producer.
· An experienced, mission-driven leader who understands how dramatically media is changing and can use their knowledge to help guide WYES through the transformations.
· Supervisory/management experience is required – must demonstrate an ability to foster high standards and an ability to coach, inspire and lead.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
WYES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com