Creative Director – 13940
WWL-TV, a TEGNA company, is looking for a talented and driven Creative Director who can bring the brand strategy to life by guiding the overall look, message, and tone across multiple mediums and channels. Join a local media organization known for award-winning journalism, excellence in innovation, and a great workplace culture. Live in New Orleans, a world-class city known for its music, cuisines, arts, and culture. If you’re looking to grow your career and enjoy a great place to live, this is your opportunity!
- Guide the overall look/tone/feel of creative campaigns through writing, shooting and editing on-air spots and other marketing materials. Manage projects from ideation to execution.
- Direct all creative that promotes the organization and ensure it meets thresholds for quality, clarity, relevance, and other brand health dimensions.
- Produce scripts, storyboards, copy and creative for brand campaigns, topicals, programming, digital, social media, radio, print, outdoor and more.
- Produce customized integrations and partnerships for sales campaigns.
- Design graphics and animations for broadcast, digital/social, and print.
- Shoot and light talent and interview subjects for promos, commercials, and integrations.
- Train team on production, post-production, and graphic design best practices. Mentor and inspire higher quality work.
- Manage all creative production technology – ensuring the station has best in class tools and that they are in active use.
- Collaborate with management on brand marketing strategies and objectives
- Identify and execute new creative opportunities that “raise the bar” and grow audience
- Assist with station initiatives including community events and activations
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of MarketingNote.
Note: This position requires the ability to work on-site at our WWL station in New Orleans, LA and work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or a similar field. Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years hands-on experience in broadcast TV station OR at a corporate marketing / creative agency and a portfolio that shows demonstrated skills with videography, video editing, motion and graphic design, writing, and producing
- Understanding of digital and social media marketing
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Strong proficiency with Canon and/or Sony FS cameras, lenses, and various grip equipment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills
- Solid organization and time management skills in a fast-paced environment including ability to manage, prioritize, and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
- An intimate understanding of, and honed skill set around design, copy, production, and other areas of creative and ability to transform creative concepts and complex information into compelling copy
- Knowledgeable with various lighting techniques for both in-studio and on-location productions
- Able to manage an active set: Oversee script, direct talent, and manage crew responsibilities to ensure a successful production.
- Sharp aesthetics for video editing, graphic design, and typography placement
- Take initiative to get things done, sometimes with little or no direction or supervision
- Ability to “think on your feet” and adapt to last-minute changes
- Independently identify, assess, and solve problems or improve processes
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
|Apply Online URL: