WDSU is now hiring a part-time Morning Traffic Reporter. We need a good storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and excellent communication skills. We want someone who can interact with our viewers on social media. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The right candidate should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude
• Prepare morning traffic report graphics.
• News gather for traffic reports.
• Provide clear and concise live traffic reports for morning show and evening shows.
• Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions.
• Communicate that information to the show producers and show anchors in a timely manner.
• Make sure that corresponding graphics, video and live shots are used appropriately.
• Communicate morning traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts.
• Put together high-quality packages.
• Cover breaking news.
• Develop sources and generate ideas.
• Knowledge and experience with the station???s traffic system.
• Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
• Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
• Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
• Must be energetic and creative and work well with others.
• Must work quickly and efficiently.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video.
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Bachelor?s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.joinhearsttelevision.com.