About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. Besides providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit http://www.knoe.com.
KNOE 8 News, the award-winning CBS/ABC newsrooms in Monroe, LA, are looking for an aggressive multimedia journalist who is passionate about covering local news and weather. This person will be based in our bureau in Ruston, LA., and will also turn stories for our sister stations, KSLA in Shreveport and KALB in Alexandria. The candidate must tell great stories about real people without a lot of bites from officials. We want moving and creative live shots and standups! We will, in turn, give you the feedback to help you grow, training, and equipment to help you succeed.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online
– Report live on the scene, especially during breaking news
– Research stories and conduct interviews in the field
– Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
– Demonstrate sound news judgement, collaborate with others
– Utilize non-linear editing equipment (Edius)
– Enterprise hard-news, research-driven stories
– Participate in the story selection process thorugh meetings, the daily contribution of story ideas
– Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media
– Make regular beat checks
– Perform other job-related duties as assigned
– The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented, and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
– Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment under deadline pressure
– Able to work well with a team
– Ability to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
– Computer literacy is a must
– Candidate must possess a clean driving record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, and references
KNOE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.